Views and Interviews
Consumer Advisory Feature
Advantages of a resort near an Ayurveda Center
Ayurveda is an ancient system of traditional medicine that has been practiced in India for centuries. It is based on the premise that health and wellness are achieved when the body, mind, and spirit are in a state of harmony and balance.
Ayurveda works around a holistic approach to health and well-being - based on traditional treatments such as Panchakarma, Rejuvenation Therapy, and Marma Therapy. Panchakarma is a cleansing therapy that involves the use of oils, herbs, and other natural ingredients to detoxify the body and work towards holistic health. Rejuvenation Therapy helps to revitalize the body and mind, and Marma Therapy is used to treat chronic illnesses.
A vacation is a good time to start on your wellness path
A vacation is a good time to explore a wellness plan because you will be in a relaxed frame of mind to start experiencing the benefits. Here are some spiritual aspects of Yoga and Ayurveda that you can explore if you have a wellness center at your resort, or if you can find one nearby.
- Meditation: The practice of meditation is a key aspect of Yoga and Ayurveda, as it helps you relax the mind, improve concentration, and reduce stress.
- Pranayama: Pranayama, or breath control is an important part of Yoga and Ayurveda. Through the practice of Pranayama, you can gain control over breathing and reach a deep sense of relaxation.
- Asana: Asana is the practice of working on physical postures that help to strengthen and stretch the body. This practice can help you improve balance and flexibility and has many related benefits.
- Mantra: Mantra is the practice of chanting a resonant sound, such as OM - as a way to focus the mind and bring about a deeper state of awareness.
- Diet and Nutrition: The practice of Yoga and Ayurveda includes recommendations for diet and nutrition based on the individual’s unique body type.
- Ayurvedic Herbalism: Ayurvedic herbalism is the use of herbs and spices to help balance and heal the body. This practice is based on the ancient science of Ayurveda, which believes that herbs and spices can help to restore harmony and balance to the body.
Advantages of a resort offering wellness and inner healing therapies
- Cultural Exchange: Guests at the resort can learn about the rich and ancient practices in holistic treatment through the Yoga and Ayurveda center.
- Health and Wellness Benefits: Guests can benefit from the healing and therapeutic sessions at the resort - which can help improve overall health and wellness.
- Relaxation and Rejuvenation: Guests can take advantage of the peaceful and calming atmosphere at the resort’s Yoga and Ayurveda center to relax and rejuvenate.
- Access to Nature: Guests can enjoy the natural beauty of the area, adding to the unique experience of the wellness plans.
- Health-Based Cuisine: Guests can take advantage of the health-based cuisine that is available at the Yoga and Ayurveda center.
AIRDA member resorts in Kerala
Image credits: Images licensed from freepik.com
Content Disclaimer: The views expressed in our interviews and stories do not necessarily reflect the official policies, practices and guidelines of the All India Resort Development Association, or its members. These views are based on personal experiences, private opinion, or open source information. (Images used here are either "paid-for" stock photos, images shared by the people we interview, or images under one of the open source licenses such as Creative Commons and others.)
Here’s a link to some recent interviews done by us on the AIRDA website